- In Costa Rica many people speak english, so if you don't speak spanish, there is no need to worry. You can communicate in english.
- Many of the businesses in Costa Rica accept credit cards and dollars. You do not have to buy colones (official currency of Costa Rica) if you do not want to.
- It is a tropical country with a warm climate most of the year. So you only need fresh and comfortable clothes most of the year.
- Jeans are not the best option, synthetic materials are the best choice for the tropics.
- In most restaurants you can dress casual.